The job holder will be required to take ownership for the Childcare platform and manage all development and support. They will need to manage and develop periodic releases/projects - be responsible for the daily running and development of defined platforms including project management, reporting and stakeholder updates. Managing a development related workload, ensuring that the developments are delivered on time, within process and on budget will be be crucial. There will also be daily support of existing platform(s) (C# Dot Net), including minimal support of 1 x PHP system.
The job holder will be responsible for:
▪ To create and enhance products and provide associated admin systems where appropriate.
▪ To program, test, user train and implement new systems.
▪ To maintain and support existing systems, identifying and resolving problems as appropriate
▪ To document system and program development where appropriate
▪ To provide support and advice to systems users and to direct them to suitable sources of detailed help where this is more appropriate.
▪ To ensure security best practice when creating and modifying internal and external systems.
▪ To liaise closely with Account Teams and to prioritise tasks to enable smooth completion of outstanding work.
▪ Managing the day to day operational requirements of the production systems, including but not limited to ensuring all batch jobs have run and are checked, monitoring system performance, producing and distributing reports to a timetable, managing system downtime, etc.
▪ Manage the programming and testing requirements for all bug-fixes and development requests from the business.
▪ Responsible for program version control, user training, user documentation and system documentation.
▪ Implement best practices and guidelines defined by PMO, in terms of Development and Support processes.
▪ Project management in relation with project phases: Plan, Analyse, Design, Build, Test, Roll out.
▪ Adhere to applicable SLAs.
▪ Strong in carrying out application development and support
▪ Strong in best practices in terms of development and support
▪ Technology excellence in defined IT languages
▪ Experience as full-stack developer having worked on a number of enterprise level web projects
▪ Experience in C# Dot Net, and PHP development
▪ Experience in Visual Studio, Eclipse
▪ Experience in LAMP, Jira, Laravel.
▪ Experience in MSSQL and MySQL
▪ Knowledge of Zend framework beneficial
▪ Knowledge of Azure beneficial
▪ Experience in ITIL/Agile processes is a plus
▪ Desire to learn new technologies
▪ Ability to work on own initiative in a technically diverse team
▪ Application development and support: fix, test, release, post go-live support
▪ Proven record of technical problem solving
▪ Good mathematical and analytical skills
▪ Ability to work to challenging deadlines
▪ Internal Application and Website Support and Maintenance
▪ Systems Integration
WHAT WE DO
Here at Sodexo, we’re all about people, inside and out. It’s what we do. From growing employee cultures and inspiring success in workplaces, to driving consumer engagement with brands, we specialise in helping businesses transform behaviours, engagement and performance in people.
WHO WE ARE
As engagement experts, inspiring and rewarding success and encouraging a happy workforce is a big part of our culture. Our people are a big deal to us, so making sure everyone has a safe and fun working environment and the right opportunities to develop, is top of our priority list.
From the moment you join us, we do our best to inspire and encourage creativity and collaboration. Have you excelled at your work or gone above and beyond? You’ll get recognised not only from our management teams but from your colleagues and peers. We shout about our brightest and best (and reward them too)
You’ll have access to our very own benefits hub giving you discounts on high street shopping, supermarket shops, gym memberships, tax free cycle2work schemes, reduced price cinema tickets, additional holiday purchase and so, so much more!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Simply send us your CV with a cover letter if you’re interested in applying for the role and joining our team.
Whilst we continue to assess all COVID considerations around our return to the office there will be a temporary requirement to work from home. All applicants however should apply on the assumption that they are able to attend our Milton Keynes office for a proportionate amount of the working week.
For more details, please contact