The Payroll & Benefits Co-ordinator will administer all internal activities relating to the company payroll (whilst working closely with our outsourced payroll provider - Cascade). Duties will include processing, developing, implementing, and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all payroll activity and HMRC regulations are accurate and in line with legal requirements). The role will also be responsible for administering, analysing and coordinating internal employee benefits schemes and programmes, making relevant recommendations based on analysis. The individual will be the company’s subject matter expert for all employee payroll and benefits administration and processing activities.
The role will involve implementing and maintaining payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources team to improve payroll and HR system processes. It will also include evaluating and implementing payroll/HR system upgrades and changes. The individual will work to produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements. They will also inform employees regarding changes to their pay e.g. end of sick pay entitlement.
The job will also involve the administering of employee benefit programs, specifically enrolments and terminations aligning with the necessary and accurate payroll deductions / P11D considerations. It will also include supporting the internal benefits review, leading in analysis and providing recommendations and costings aligned
to internal and external employer of choice proposition. The job holder will also be required to coordinate related actions relevant to the implementation and outcomes of the internal benefits review.
Above all, we’re looking for someone who lives and breathes our relaxed and agile culture, so you’ll fit right in with how we do things:
▪ The ideal job holder will have significant experience administering payroll, HR systems and benefits processes
▪ Previous work experience should include knowledge of payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience
▪ Basic knowledge of human resources processes with an interest in aligning payroll and benefits knowledge with the wider people agenda
▪ Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, HR and self-service systems. Experience with Cascade preferred.
We’d also like to see:
▪ A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
▪ Strong understanding of payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrolment rules
▪ Ability to provide relevant information to address any employee payroll queries
▪ Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data
▪ Possess strong written and verbal communications skills
▪ Possess strong organisation skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work to deadline
▪ Excellent attention to detail
▪ Possess a creative outlook with a problem-solving attitude
▪ Ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, takes pride in providing excellent customer service
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
WHAT WE DO
Here at Sodexo, we’re all about people, inside and out. It’s what we do. From growing employee cultures and inspiring success in workplaces, to driving consumer engagement with brands, we specialise in helping businesses transform behaviours, engagement and performance in people.
WHO WE ARE
As engagement experts, inspiring and rewarding success and encouraging a happy workforce is a big part of our culture. Our people are a big deal to us, so making sure everyone has a safe and fun working environment and the right opportunities to develop, is top of our priority list.
From the moment you join us, we do our best to inspire and encourage creativity and collaboration. Have you excelled at your work or gone above and beyond? You’ll get recognised not only from our management teams but from your colleagues and peers. We shout about our brightest and best (and reward them too)
You’ll have access to our very own benefits hub giving you discounts on high street shopping, supermarket shops, gym memberships, tax free cycle2work schemes, reduced price cinema tickets, additional holiday purchase and so, so much more!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Simply send us your CV with a cover letter if you’re interested in applying for the role and joining our team.
Whilst we continue to assess all COVID considerations around our return to the office there will be a temporary requirement to work from home. All applicants however should apply on the assumption that they are able to attend our Milton Keynes office for a proportionate amount of the working week.
For more details, please contact